Monday, November 10, 2014

Do you wanna hear the gospel?

Happy Missionary Monday,
This week was a busy one but not a lot of exciting things happened so this will probably be really short. Me and Elder Call have continued to do quite a bit of door knocking and have started to contact former investigators to meet them and see why they stopped learning about this church. We have met a lot of really good people and have started to meet with several of them. We had a lot of appointments this week and several of them fell through so we didn't get to see as many people as we would have hoped but we have picked up a few new investigators so I hope that they turn out to be really promising people.
We started meeting with a guy named Thomas to help him quit smoking, we started meeting with a girl and her mom who's boyfriend just left on his mission and she wanted to see what he is going to be doing, and we have been meeting with several part member families. We have a lot of really promising people that we are working with. The work has been really hard lately with so many people canceling and having to do a lot of door knocking but it is starting to pick up. I'm hoping that soon we will have so many appointments that we wont be able to door knock at all.
This past week when me and Elder Call were door knocking we were getting a lot of doors slammed in our face and a lot of rude people. Since I am usually always in a good mood I decided that I would write a song that I could use on doorsteps (I haven't used it yet but I guess we will see). Its inspired/to the tune of "Do you wanna build a snowman" from Frozen. It goes like this:
"Do you wanna hear the gospel?
Come on, come out and hear.
You've never heard it before.
Answer your door.
Don't let it slip away.
We'll teach the restoration.
It'll change your life.
We wish you would come outside.
 
Do you wanna hear the gospel?
We wish you'd hear the gospel.
(This is where they slam the door in my face or say they aren't interested)
Okay, bye."
 
Again I am sorry that this is short. Just not too many crazy things happened this week. I hope that you all have a great week! Thanks for all the love and support!
 
-Elder Bloskas

No comments:

Post a Comment