Tuesday, November 25, 2014

He is the gift

Good Morning!!
It is a rainy day here in Holt, Michigan! It was super cold all of last week with us getting a lot of snow but Saturday and yesterday it warmed up enough to melt all of the snow. I got to break out all of my winter gear and I think the lowest it got this week was 8 degrees!! It was super cold but luckily I had all of the winter gear that I needed in order to stay warm!
Last Monday we went to the zoo and the MSU museum! The zoo was a lot of fun, we got to see lots of cool animals but there were a lot that were not out (I have no clue where they were hiding them...) but it was totally worth the $2 it took for admission. The MSU museum was also kind of cool but I liked the zoo better. Today we are going to tour the Michigan State Capitol building so that will be fun.
Some pretty cool things happened this week. First we got a referral from the Sister missionaries in the Portland area. They had been calling some previous investigators and accidently dialed the wrong number and called a guy named Ted. They talked to him and found out that he lived in our area and told us to drop by. He is super awesome! He has had a really tough life but he is probably the most humble and sincere guy that I have ever met in my life. He is also so positive. We were able to see him 3 times this past week and he came to church yesterday! He didn't even need us there with him he totally fit right in with the ward and was making friends left and right. I am super excited to see what happens with him.
We had zone conference that lasted all day on Wednesday. It was an awesome zone conference and I got so much out of it!! I was able to learn so many things by the Spirit that is going to help me be a better missionary and better help those people that I work with on a daily basis. I have been able to apply some of the things that I have learned and have already seen the good things that are coming from it!
We met with several other investigators this week. One of them, Kory, dropped us... He had a really good conversation with us but felt like right now it was something that he didn't want to look into anymore.
Friday was a pretty awesome day. Since we are without a car this week we took the bus to downtown Lansing and went and saw Ed, the deaf recent convert that we baptized my first transfer with Elder Bass. It was really cool. I was able to talk with him in ASL for a good 45 mins and did a whole lot better than I ever thought I would. We talked about his family and about a lot of things that have happened in his life and how he is going to be able to be with his family again. It is awesome how Heavenly Father has been able to work with just that one semester of ASL that I took last fall and help me to be able to communicate and share the gospel with people out here on my mission. I really am able to see the Lord helping me in every aspect of the work.
We had a lot of really good conversations this week and really were able to see the Lord directing our paths. Not too much happened this week other than these things but there are a few other things that I wanted to share with yall.
Starting Friday (the day after Thanksgiving), the Church is going to be doing a Christmas campaign  called "He is the gift".  It is a initiative to really help people put Christ back into Christmas. It focuses on slowing down this holiday season and really recognizing the reason for the season. Since the Church never does anything halfway they have armed us with tools to really use this message with those that we come in contact with. We are going to be passing out pass-along cards with the link to the Christmas website starting the day after Thanksgiving and really hoping to get the word out. Also, on December 7th the church is going to be the only advertiser on the homepage of YouTube. The banner ad will be a short video and information about the video that they are releasing with this initiative and it should be super awesome!  I am excited about it!
Finally, this is the last week of the transfer and we get transfer calls on Friday. There is a chance that I will be getting transferred... SOOO if you are wanting to mail me anything and you are not sure that it will get here this week you can mail it to the mission office and they will forward it to me until I can get yall my new address.
That address is:
Elder Cale Bloskas
4910 S. Hagadorn Rd.
East Lansing, MI 48823

Thank you again for all of the love and support. I love all of you and I wouldn't be able to be doing what I was doing if it wasn't for yall! Have a great week and a fantastic Thanksgiving!!


-Elder Bloskas

No comments:

Post a Comment