Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1, 2014

Good morning!
I hope that ya’ll have a great Thanksgiving! Well, as I mentioned last week, Friday we got our transfer calls. I am leaving tomorrow morning to head to Grand Rapids, MI!! I am super excited to be going to Grand Rapids and start serving in the largest city in the mission. I have a feeling it is going to be a great area and I can’t wait to get there and hit the ground running!! My companion will be Elder Brown. He is a missionary that just got done being trained. So I will be "Greenie Busting" Elder Brown. We are both young missionaries but we are going to tear Grand Rapids up!
This past week has been a great week. I think that I ate more food on Thanksgiving then I have eaten in months. We ate breakfast with a bunch of guys from the Elder Quorum at a buffet place here in town. We then had a huge lunch (including a bacon wrapped turkey, it was amazing) and then another huge dinner that night. I think that I am still full from Thursday...
Other than that Elder Call and me did our usual thing of meeting with our regular people and doing a lot of door knocking. We have seen a lot of positive feedback from passing out the “He Is The Gift” cards this weekend and I am excited to see what happens with that! We also had a lady finally come to church yesterday that we have been working with. She has not been to church in over 6 or 7 years and yesterday she came to church and loved it!! It was super exciting and it was very rewarding to see that on my last Sunday in the Holt Ward!  We met a lot of really cool people recently and while I am sad that I am leaving, I know that they will be in good hands with Elder Call and his new companion.
I am sorry that this email is a littler shorter. I usually have my little planner with me and I flip through it to remind me of things that happened this week but I forgot it at the apartment since this is a new transfer and I have a new planner. But I am super excited to see what the Lord has in store for me in Grand Rapids!! It is an awesome area and there are already a few people that they are working with that I am excited to get to meet!!  Here is my new mailing address while I am in Grand Rapids:

Elder Cale Bloskas
3352 Pine Meadow Dr. SE Apt. #202
Kentwood, MI 49512

Thank you for the continued love and support! There is no place I would rather be than serving the Lord here full time in Michigan! Your love, support, and prayers are what push me to work harder! Have a great week!

-Elder Bloskas


P.S. Here is our district picture. All of us Elders have matching winter boots so we wore them for the picture! Also this is something that I made for a member of our ward that we visited Thanksgiving day! It’s not my best work but I was proud of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment