Tuesday, December 9, 2014

G-RAP

Greetings from Grand Rapids!!!
Oh man, I love Grand Rapids so much! I knew that the Lansing Michigan Mission was the best mission in the world but now I am serving in the best area in the world. Grand Rapids is home to many things including a huge 3-story sculpture of a horse at the Fredrick Meijer Garden (I am going there in a few weeks), and the world headquarters of Amway! My area has both of those things and our ward boundaries have many awesome attractions! Needless to say I think that my P-Days are going to be pretty awesome. I love the ward here! There are so many amazing people that are members here and they do so much to help us!
Elder Brown and me are doing awesome! We get along great and our area is EXPLODING!! We have had several lessons everyday and we have 1 person that is preparing to be baptized. We picked up 2 new investigators this week, one of which was on a door step. We were door knocking and we knocked on a ladies door that has lost both of her parents within the last year and also is going through a possible divorce with her husband. We shared a message about the Plan of Salvation and the Spirit was so strong! She was crying because of the joy that what we were sharing with her brought her. We are planning on having a lesson with her this week to share more with her!
Saturday night we had the ward Christmas party and I got to meet a lot of the members of the ward and talk with them. There are so many amazing families that live in Grand Rapids! I can’t wait to see all of the amazing work that is going to come forth here in Grand Rapids! The field truly is white and ready to harvest and I am learning that I am not here in Grand Rapids to plant seeds but to harvest all of the seeds that have been planted in the hearts of so many of Heavenly Father’s children.
I am still learning the area... Grand Rapids is such a huge area and there are so many people that we see that I think that it will take a week or two for me to feel comfortable with the area!
There is not much else that really happened this week. Most of the week is a blur since I am new to the area but this next week should be a great week!
As we are in the holiday season I encourage you to ponder in your own hearts how you can make the Spirit of Christmas not just a holiday but a pattern for your everyday lives. The celebration of our Savior’s birth was never intended to be a holiday that happens once a year where we focus on presents. The purpose of Christmas should be to establish a pattern in our lives to be reminded and changed daily by a gift of our loving Heavenly Father to all of his children. The most important gift this holiday season was given over 2000 years ago wrapped in a blanket. When you get a chance spend some time on Christmas.Mormon.org
Thank you for all that you do and again for all of the prayers, love and support!! Have a great week!!


-Elder Bloskas

No comments:

Post a Comment