Sunday, July 13, 2014

Countdown

The countdown is down to hours. Its crazy to think that something that I have spent several month preparing for is just a few days away. I have spent many hours in the last few weeks reflecting on my short time as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the joy that it has brought me. I have also spent several months thinking about the type of missionary I want to be when I spend two years in Michigan teaching the restored gospel of my Savior, Jesus Christ, to people there. I have spent several hours praying for the people I will come in contact with and have the opportunity to teach. The last several months of preparation has lead to the next two years of my life as I allow myself to be a tool in the hands of The Lord and go under his direction to serve in Michigan.
During my mission my parents will be posting my emails home on here so that anyone can hear about the amazing things that The Lord is doing in my life and in the lives of all of those that I come in contact with. I'm thankful for them and for the Christlike influence they have had my whole life. If it wasn't for them, I know that I would not be the person I am today and I am thankful for them raising me with Christlike morals and desires that have shaped me into who I am. I'm also thankful for all of my friends and family that have supported me and loved me throughout my live and in my decision to serve a mission. I know that it is not easy seeing me leave for two years, but because it is what I know it is something that The Lord wants me to do, they support me.
I want to share my witness that I know that our Father in Heaven loves us. He loves us beyond anything that we could ever imagine and he is aware of us and everything that we are going through. I know that my Savior, Jesus Christ, lives and because of him all of us will be able to live once again with Him and our Father in Heaven. I'm thankful for the atoning sacrifice of Christ that has been able to transform my life and give me more joy than I ever thought possible. I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ everyone can not only be cleansed of their sins but can also be comforted and strengthened in every aspect of their lives. I have seen it in my own live and I know that anyone that fully turns to The Lord can see it in their lives also. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of the Lord. I testify that living prophets, like in ancient times, lead and guide Christ church and Jesus Christ is at the head of that church and still speaks to prophets today. I encourage everyone to not take my word for it but to find out for themselves. The only way to know for sure is to read it and to ask our Heavenly Father if it is true or not. I have been able to receive that answer for myself through the power of the Holy Ghost and that the Book of Mormon has been a huge blessing in my life. I cannot deny the testimony I have. I bare record it’s true. I testify that as we listen and apply the words of living prophets to our lives we will be blessed and find comfort and joy. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints truly is The Lord's church restored on the earth. The gospel of Jesus Christ is for all of God's children to be blessed. There is peace in this gospel. There is hope in this gospel. There is joy in this gospel. There is a fullness of truth in this gospel. I love this church. I love the leaders of this church, and I love all of the members of this church. I truly am thankful for this gospel and for the opportunity I have to be able to share it with others. I know that the next few years are not going to be easy but they will truly be the best two years of my life. Thank you in advance for the letters, emails, prayers, and support as I spend the next two years in full service of The Lord. I love and care about all of you and am thankful for your roles in my life. I'll see y'all in two years!

 The Church is true. The Book is blue. And now I'm a missionary too.

No comments:

Post a Comment