Monday, July 21, 2014

First Week at MTC

Greetings, 
Well my first week here at the MTC has been super busy! Our schedule is jammed pack and we go from one thing to another. Right after I was dropped off we got a welcome packet that had my name badges, room key and some study materials. We went straight to my room and I left my suitcase there and went straight to a classroom and started with a class as soon as everyone got there. The first day and a half were rough but everyday has gotten better as I have gotten use to the schedule. I honest feel like I have walked more stairs in the last half of a week than I have in my whole life. But, I guess it is getting me use to missionary life and I will be ready to hit the ground running once I get out into the field. My companion is Elder Houston, he is from Austin, TX. Its good to have a fellow Texan to be able to share my love for the good ole Lone Star State with. We are getting along pretty well. He is actually headed to the Farmington, NM Mission. We are the only companionship in our district that are not going to the same mission. I know that Heavenly Father put us in a companionship for a reason. He knows that there are things that I need to teach him and that he needs to teach me. It is amazing how much I have been able to see just how well Heavenly Father loves us and puts people in our lives for our benefit. I love my district. I was called at the district leader, so I have to conduct all of our meetings and lead all of our classes. I also make sure that everything is running smoothly in companionships and that our district gets along well. I am the one who gets all of the mail for our district, even though I still haven't figured out how to work the lock on it and my companion always has to do. My district has me and my companionship, another companionship of Elders going to Lansing, MI with me, a trio of sisters also going to Lansing, MI, and a set of Elders headed to Farmington with Elder Houston. I have learned SOOOOOO much since I have been here. I feel like I have had my mind blown away as I have continued to gain a better knowledge of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have learned how to recognize The Spirit and to use it in our teaching. I feel like I have learned more in 4 days about teaching others about Christ than I have in the last year or so. My zone (made up of 1 other district that came in to the MTC the same day as me, and 2 other districts that came a week earlier and leave this week) love that I'm a convert and I feel like I have told them about me joining the church a million times since being here. I love the MTC, The Spirit here is amazing. Its great to be surrounded by thousands of young Elders and Sisters that have the same goal that I have and are so dedicated to the work.
We were given our travel plans this past week. I am going to be leaving the MTC around 2:30am next Wednesday morning (I think its the 30th) for a like 5:30 or 6am flight to Lansing, where we will get there right before noon on Wednesday. I think the church probably picks the cheapest flights and put us on them but its okay, I don't mind getting to the mission field earlier. I will send y'all the exact times of my flights next Monday when I can email again. But I do know that we are flying on Delta and we have a stop in Detroit.
I was going to include pictures of my district and my companion but I dont have a cord for my camera yet and the computers here dont have a spot for my SD card. Just know that I look great as always and the pictures show just how much fun I am having. (including a "selfie" that I took that has probably 20 missionaries in it)
But, I hope yall know that I am excited to be a missionary. It is the greatest thing in the world! I love the work here and it truly will be an amazing 2 years. I know that it is going to be hard, since it has already been extremely hard, but I know it is worth it. Its an honor to be able to wear the name of Jesus Christ across my chest right next to my own name, and I know that he will be right there beside me in every step of my missionary work. The Church is true! The Lord really does love us more than we could ever know. I have a stronger testimony of my Savior his gospel, and Heavenly Fathers love for all of us than I have ever had in my life! Continue to send me mail using the MTC address I posted online! Its awesome getting mail throughout the week while I'm here.  I love all of yall!

-Elder Bloskas

No comments:

Post a Comment