Monday, August 4, 2014

First few days in Michigan!

Its a beautiful day here in Holt, MI!! Holt is a suburb of Lansing and is an awesome little community! I already love it here! My address here is: 2141 N. Aurelius Rd. #64, Holt, MI 48842. Feel free to send me letters here.  I will be here in Holt for at least the next 3 months. The last week has been kind of crazy. We left the MTC at 4:30a.m. Wednesday morning and got to the airport around 6. We went through security and then got to call home before our flight left at 7:45. We flew to Detroit, had an hour and half layover, and then got to Lansing around 2:30. When we got off the plane the mission president, his wife, and a few other missionaries were waiting for us with a huge sign. It was awesome to be able to see them and get such a warm greeting. We went back to the mission home, filled out some paper work and then the assistants to the president drove us to MSU campus. We spent a little bit of time talking to people that we saw on campus before going back to the mission home, eating dinner, and then going to sleep. The next morning we did a few trainings and then met our trainers and headed to our areas. My companion is Elder Bass! He is from Perry, Utah! He only has 3 months left before he goes home.  Me and my companion are "white washing", which means both of us are new to the area. Since we don't have many people that the previous missionaries are teaching, we have spent quite a bit of time door knocking. It has been hard work but I love it! The members here in the ward are awesome! We have had dinner at member's homes every single night so far and they are awesome!! I'm extremely excited to see what the Lord has in store for me here in Holt! I know that there are people here that have been prepared for us to teach and I can't wait to see miracles happen! It hasn't been easy and I know that the next 2 years won't be easy but I know that it will be worth it and the Lord will be with me every step of the way. It's great being able to be a missionary and to be able to not only have the name of Jesus Christ right beside mine on my badge but also right beside me as I'm doing his work!! There are so many great people here in Michigan and I cant wait to see what's in store for me over the next 2 years!!

-Elder Bloskas


P.S. I included pictures of my stay at the MTC. There is a picture of me and my companion, Elder Houston, and me and my district



No comments:

Post a Comment