Monday, August 25, 2014

Miracles Beginning to Happen


Hello all,
I truly am humbled as I sit here today and write this email. This past week has been amazing and it was confirmed to me daily that this truly is not my work but The Lord's work and he is directing it. The work is picking up here and I have been able to meet so many great people. There are so many great people here that we meet while finding and within the ward. But here is the main story I want to share.
So I can't remember if I wrote about this last week but a little over a week ago me and Elder Bass met a girl on the sidewalk when we were on our way back to the car after one of our appointments weren't there. Well usually its hard to talk to people who are walking in this part of town because they usually have headphones in or they just completely avoid us. Sometimes we don't really try to talk to them much because usually they aren't as receptive but for some reason the Spirit told us to talk to this girl. She told us that she was looking to get closer to God and would love to meet us. We have been meeting with her, her mom and sometimes her sister but really only this girl was the only one who was super interested. She has been eating up everything we have shared with her and we have really been able to focus on her needs and questions as we were able to meet with her several times this past week. She has been SUPER solid and has read the Book of Mormon and prayed daily and made so much progress. It has been awesome to see her increase in her faith and see even little things improve--like the prayers she says

. She has wanted us to focus a lot on prayer and the atonement and how it can help her life. Well Saturday she texted us and asked if she could just meet with us. She shared with us that she was pregnant and that she really felt all alone because she felt like she had nobody that she could trust or talk to. She said that her mom is about to move and she is about to be all alone and might end up having to go to a shelter. Me and Elder Bass were able to focus on how much Jesus Christ and this gospel truly could bless her life and explained to her that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is unlike any church and it would really be able to give her what she needed. We told her that her Father in Heaven truly was aware of her and as she continued to show faith she would be blessed and The Lord would take care of her. She ended up coming to church and had an amazing experience! The ward here did AMAZING at fellowshipping her and helping her feel the love. One of the members of the ward was talking to her and found out that she had not eaten in almost 2 days because she didn't have food. This Sister of our ward completely opened her arms and helped her and got her the help that she needed to start to get on her feet. She is excited to be baptized and has shared that she knows that we truly are representatives of the Lord and that the message that we share with her is true. It has been so amazing to allow myself to let the Spirit work through me and say the things that she needs to hear. Finding her was a miracle and I KNOW that that Lord really does direct our paths if we trust in him! I cant wait to see the progress she makes!!
We also met several interesting people, including a lady that claims she has had conversations with trees.... She said one of them showed her pictures in her head and then lifted her up 30 feet in the air and laughed at her... I promise there really are normal people in Michigan, we just meet so many people door knocking that the weird ones come out. The normal people are usually just working during the days that we are going door to door.
Anyways, the rest of the week was good. Tuesday night-Thursday morning we were on trade-offs with the district leader and his companion came to our area and Elder Bass went up there. Me and him were on bikes and he insisted that we take pictures on them since he thought they were so cool... So I included a picture of me on a bike below. I totally look like the stereotypical Mormon Missionary.... We also went on trade-offs with the zone leaders Friday Morning-Saturday morning. That was so much fun! I learned so much from Elder Elwood and we were able to teach several lessons together and they were awesome! Saturday morning the primary kids in the ward were in the Holt Hometown Festival parade and they asked us to walk beside them and throw candy and give out pass-along cards so that people would see us and recognize us. We saw several of the people that we are teaching and made sure that we threw them more candy! It was a lot of fun.
I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me this week! This truly is the Lord's work and it is AMAZING to be a part of it. It is an amazing feeling to be set-apart as a full-time representative for The Lords church. It has been great to receive revelation for the needs of the people we teach and to be a tool in the hand of the Lord to bring his children into his fold. I love this church. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am here in Michigan for a reason and that the Lord is going to do miracles through me. The Church is true! Thank you for all of the love, support and prayers!!
 
-Elder Bloskas
 
P.S. I also met one of the missionaries that was in a YouTube video that I saw before my mission. Look up "Singing Missionaries" or something like that and find it on YouTube. They are in a car and he is the one of the left. I took a picture with him since he is "famous"​. I look goofy but oh well..


No comments:

Post a Comment