Tuesday, September 2, 2014

When it rains, it pours

Well, the library was closed yesterday for Labor Day so we didn't get to email like we normally do on Mondays. But, we are able to email today just not as long as we usually do, so this will be a little shorter than normal.
This week was a great week. I am defiantly seeing the work pick up here in Holt and I love being able to see the Lord work in people's lives. The weeks just seem like they are going by faster every single week. Its crazy to think that this is the last week of my first transfer here in the field. After this week me and Elder Bass will have one more transfer together before he goes home and I get a new companion. Usually you don't know how long you will be with a companion but since training is usually for 2 transfers and that is all that Elder Bass has left, we know that we will be together for 6 more weeks. Our next transfer ends on the 18th of October (the day before my birthday) and I will know the Friday before that whether I am staying in Holt or moving to another area.
This week was great, last Tuesday we door knocked in South Lansing and we got almost halfway up the street when we knocked into an atheist guy about our age. He was really nice, but as we were talking to him on his door step it began to rain really hard. It looked like a hurricane for about 30 mins and then it completely cleared up. I've learned that Michigan is really weird... It rains really hard for 15-20 mins and then it is completely clear again. Anyways, me and Elder Bass didn't know it was going to rain so we didn't have rain jackets with us. Luckily, the atheist guy gave us an umbrella since he felt bad for us. He was really a good guy just had never found a church that was able to answer a lot of his questions and we were able to answer all of them. That is the great thing about being a missionary for this church is it really does have all of the answers to questions that people have always had, and I get to share that with people every single day! I love it! Anyways, we left him with a Book of Mormon and left him our number if he wanted to set up a time that we could talk to him again. It really was great.
Two other really cool things that happened this week is first the Sister missionaries, that are serving in the same ward as us that live and tract in a town south of Holt, handed over one of their investigators to us that they had been teaching. He is deaf so we have a guy that goes with us that interprets that goes with us but it is really cool because I get to use some of the sign language that I learned last fall at WT. He is getting baptized this coming Saturday.
Also, Rashida, the girl we have been working with that I have been telling y'all about is being baptized the next week! She also began to quit smoking using an awesome "Quit Smoking" program that the church has. It is an awesome program that has the person quit smoking cold turkey and is able to have them no longer be physically addicted to smoking within a week. It gets all the nicotine out of their system and then makes it so that they just have to mentally get out of the habit of smoking. I'm super excited for her and to see the progress that she makes!
That's about it that happened this past week... We taught 10 lessons last week and didn't do as much time door knocking as we usually do since we have a teaching pool now. Yesterday a bunch of us missionaries that play basketball together every Monday grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. The mission president even showed up and had a hamburger with us. He is super cool!
But I think that's about it... Honestly we have been so busy that sometimes the weeks kind of run together and I can't remember what all I told y'all last week and what has happened since I last emailed. But... I think I covered all the main points. I love y'all and am thankful for the prayers and support. Being a missionary is amazing and I know that I am here for a reason. Last week we had Zone Conference and President Jacobsen said that this is one of the hardest missions in the church and the Lord sends those that can handle it. Not only does it get super cold in the winters but also this mission is home to 2 of the biggest printing presses for anti-Mormon materials and so there are a lot of people that are against the church.  But I love it! I wouldn't trade anything in the world for my experience here. I guess we will see how I feel when there is 5 feet of snow on the ground but right now I love it! Lol I love y'all and pray for y'all daily!


-Elder Bloskas

No comments:

Post a Comment