Monday, September 29, 2014

The work moves forward

This week was another great week in The Great Lakes State. Me and Elder Bass are really starting to see the work move forward and things have been great! Me and Elder Bass teach so well together and we have really been able to do a lot of great things lately.
Monday Night-Wednesday night I was on trade-offs with a guy that just came out. It was cool to get a glimpse of how training would be and it also gave me some perspective of how much I have learned since being here in Michigan. He is a great kid and I think he will be a great asset to the mission.
Me and Elder Bass had several lessons this week (13 lessons total) and we even got to door knock in the ghetto in South Lansing. Door knocking in the ghetto is a really fun experience.. We got to meet several really cool people and set up several return appointments with them. I doubt they will make much progress as we teach with how it has looked so far, but there is 1 or 2 that I think could make a lot of progress!
As much as I enjoy door knocking and meeting lots of interesting people, nothing could replace the experience of getting to sit down with someone and share the gospel with them. There is nothing better than getting to see the "light bulbs" go off in their head when we teach them something that brings them comfort or answers a question they have always wondered about. It truly is amazing. I would not trade this experience for anything. Coming on a mission was one of the greatest decisions I have ever made.
Friday, we got to go to a members home and pour some concrete. We have had several opportunities to do service lately and it is always good to spend time just serving people. Surprisingly, we didn't make to big of a mess and got most of the concrete where it was supposed to.
This week is going to be amazing! Thursday we have zone training and we are going to get to watch Meet The Mormons, a movie that the church is releasing in a few weeks. It is a film that is going to be shown in theaters all over the country and I think is going to be a great missionary tool. It is just a movie about members of the church and how they live their faith throughout the world. I'm excited about it! Also this next weekend is General Conference! General Conference is my favorite time of the year. There is nothing better than having the opportunity to receive council and direction from our church leaders! I have a feeling this year is going to be amazing and I cant wait to have a few of our investigators there to see how this can benefit their lives. We planned to have 5 people at church yesterday that we are teaching but 2 of them ended up being in the hospital and the other forgot that he had things to do so we only had 2 at church. But it has been great to see the fruits of our labor.
I think that is all the updates I have for the week. Honestly, the weeks start to run together and I forget things sometimes but I think I covered all of the important things! Well I love and miss yall!! Make sure that you watch conference this weekend! You can look at times and ways to watch on lds.org
 

Elder Bloskas 

No comments:

Post a Comment