Monday, October 6, 2014

Meet the Mormons

Monday, October 6, 2014
Good morning!
What a wonderful week that it has been. I have been constantly reminded of how truly blessed I am and how grateful I am to be in the Lord's service.
This week was a great week. Me and Elder Bass have been super busy with teaching lessons and the area we are serving in has been doing better than it has in a long time. It has been great to be able to see the fruits of our labors.
There has been little changes in our teaching pool. We did pick up one more investigator. His name is Kory. He is a super knowledgeable guy that is truly searching for truth. He has been very open to what we have shared with him. He has a good Christian background and knows the Bible fairly well but he is humble enough to have an open mind and listen to us. I am excited to see what happens with him!
Rashida is moving out of her apartment today and we are not sure when we will see her again. She said that her mom is planning on moving close to Kalamazoo but she said that she feels like she might do better going to a shelter in the area. So hopefully we will see her again soon. She is supposed to get baptized on October 18th, (since General Conference was this weekend and Stake Conference is this next weekend and we need a Sacrament meeting to confirm her.) But I know that she will do good wherever she goes and I know she will get back in contact with missionaries in the future if we lose contact with her.
This past Wednesday we had the opportunity to watch Meet The Mormons, a documentary that the church is putting out in select theaters October 10th. It was a great movie and I think that it will really be a great missionary tool for those that see it. I encourage all of you to watch it if you have the opportunity! You can see theaters where it is showing and find out more information at MeetTheMormons.com
General Conference was great!! It confirmed my testimony that the speakers that spoke truly are the mouthpiece of God. Like I have done in previous years, I took the challenge of writing down questions that I felt like I needed answered and waited to see them answered through the talks that were given. Every single one of my 10 questions were answered and not only that but there were countless things that were shared in Conference that were things that I had been taught by the Spirit lately! There were some things that were taught and talked about that were worded almost word for word for how I have explained and taught things to the people that we have been teaching. It confirmed to me that I truly am standing as a representative of Jesus Christ and that the things that I am saying in the lessons with investigators truly is from the Spirit. You can watch/listen to all of the talks on LDS.org and you will be able to read them in the coming days or week.
I truly am grateful to be a servant of Jesus Christ and to be serving in place of him. I am reminded daily that I am truly blessed. There were several times this week that I was reminded just how grateful I am to have been raised by such great parents! There are people that we meet that were never taught important lessons, ideals, or any type of decent work ethic. I am grateful for the many lessons that I have been taught by countless people as I have gone throughout my life and since I have been a member of this church. I'm truly grateful that there is a living prophet on the earth and the opportunity that we have to listen to the Lord's servants every 6 months. I'm grateful for all of the love and support that I have been given these last 3 months and know that it will continue to encourage me throughout my mission! 
I love all of you!
 
-Elder Bloskas
 

"Search these commandments, for they are true and faithful, and the prophecies and promises which are in them shall all be fulfilled. What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." -D&C 1:37-38

No comments:

Post a Comment