Monday, October 13, 2014

A Spiritual Feast

It was another great week here in the MLM! I feel like so much happens between emails that I write to ya'll -- but the week just flies by.
First an update on our investigators... Rashida moved out of the area. We are no longer meeting with her.  We are trying to stay in contact with her until she settles down in a place and we can get missionaries to her. We also lost 2 other people that we were meeting with. They got super busy and asked if we could hold off on meeting with them for a few weeks. So me and Elder Bass went back to our roots and spent a lot of time door knocking. We had to give up the car on Wednesday so we have been on bikes since then. Saturday, we biked over 12 miles... It was really exhausting. It made me thankful that we have the car back in a few days. But we met lots of really cool people and set up return appointments with them but we really didn't do much teaching later in the week. It is hard at nights to try to be productive because it has started to get dark around 7:30 every night and so we aren't able to door knock as much. We have gotten to go and visit members and spend some time with some who haven't been to church in a while and work on getting them coming back.
This week is my last week with Elder Bass. This is also my last week of being trained (even though I have felt like we have been done for several weeks.) I will find out tomorrow who my new companion will be. We usually find out the Friday morning before transfers but President Jacobsen has a mission president's seminar and so they are doing it early. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me. President Jacobsen has mentioned that I might be training a new missionary coming in this next transfer. So I guess we will see. It is humbling to me that he would have such great confidence in me but I know that the Lord doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called. So I guess we shall see what happens. I will let you know next week who my new companion will be.
This week we have a pretty busy week planned. We have several members of the ward here taking us out since it is Elder Bass' last week in the mission. So I will for sure eat really well this week. We will probably spend all week door knocking so we will end our time together how we started it, door knocking all day everyday until we find people to teach.
I feel like I have been extremely blessed with so many opportunities to learn lately. Last weekend was General Conference and I always learn so much! This past weekend we had Stake Conference and we had Elder Hamula here from the Quorum of the Seventy (he talked during General Conference). It truly has been a spiritual feast that has really encouraged me to continue to work hard. It was so great. He truly is an inspired man and he taught so much that I was able to apply to my own life and to those that we come in contact with!! I was reminded of Alma 5:38;41 where it talks about those who hearken to the voice of the Lord. Hearken meaning to not only hear but also to follow and do what is asked. This applies to the baptismal covenant that we make to take upon ourselves Christ's name. When we take upon us Christ's name we are standing in his place and are given the right to speak and act in his place. But we must be willing to adopt His character and willing to submit to his will and also do his work.
I have a lot going on in the next few weeks. Next week I have been asked to give 2 different trainings and I am speaking in Sacrament Meeting in 2 weeks. So I will be spending a lot of time in preparing for those trainings. I am humbled at every opportunity that I have to train and teach. I have really been able to see the Lord work through me and it is humbling to be able to see the Spirit teach through me. I truly am grateful to be the Lord's servant and to be able to be doing His work and stand in His place in people's lives.
Thank you for all of the love and support! I'm grateful for the flood of emails that I get every week that encourage me! Thanks for all that ya'll do!!
 

-Elder Bloskas

No comments:

Post a Comment