Monday, October 27, 2014

Straight from a movie

Good morning!
It was a another great week in the MLM and in the Holt area! It was great to be feeling back to normal and to be able to go out and work again.
Tuesday morning I said goodbye to Elder Bass. I am really going to miss him. We worked so well together and we were able to teach with a lot of unity. It was sad to see him leave at such a great time. We had several people that we had just started to teach and it would have been great to be able to teach with him. But, now I have the blessing of being with Elder Call. He is from Bountiful, UT and has been out for a little over a year and a half. He has spent most of his time up north but it looks like he is going to finish his mission down here in Holt. Since he only has 2 transfers left he will probably finish his mission and this will probably be my last transfer here in Holt.
We were able to do a lot of work this week. I put Elder Call to work right out of the gate. We have a few less actives that we have been visiting and a few other people that we have begun to teach. Wednesday we taught a girl named Sara that I am super excited about. She is a young mother of 3 that is super interested in the gospel and I think has a lot of potential. Wednesday afternoon we went door knocking and we knocked into this big black guy named Marcus. He said that he worked nights and was really tired and didn't really want to talk at the door step. He told us to come back Thursday. I honestly didn't think that there would be much potential there but when we showed up the most amazing thing happened. He told us that normally he would yell at people that come to his door and would have never given us the time of day. He said that the day before he had been praying for God to show him the path that he needed to take and when we knocked on his door he felt like the Spirit told him to invite us back. We taught him the Restoration and he was very open to it. He loved and agreed with everything that we taught. At the end of the lesson I invited him to be baptized and he accepted!! It was so awesome, literally every single word that he said sounded like it was from a cheesy missionary movie where they say all the perfect things. It truly was amazing and I am excited to see what happens with him. He is a single father of 4 and 3 of his kids live with him. We also have a teenager and her grandma that we met a few weeks ago that are excited to meet with us sometime this week. The girl said that she struggles with depression and anxiety and we told her about how the gospel could really bring a lot of joy and purpose in her life and she said that she had been searching for something in her life. I'm telling you, the people that I have met, and the things that have happened lately make me feel like I am in a movie. I truly am blessed to be able to be working here in Holt and be representing the Lord!
Thursday night I gave a training on why we do missionary work and how better understanding our purpose will help us be better missionaries. Yesterday in church I gave a talk on how members can be better missionaries. I talked about how it all starts with praying for opportunities and praying to recognize those opportunities;living the gospel so that those that are looking for the truth and happiness will find it in our lives. And extending simple invitations that will allow the Spirit to work on people and for people to be willing to learn more about the gospel. I felt like it went really well and several people came up to me afterwards and said that they really enjoyed it. So that was fun..
This week we have several people that I am excited to meet with. We lose the car for a week starting on Wednesday so that won't be too much fun but it always seems to go by really quick. People make fun of us because we have baskets on our bikes but Jesus said, "blessed are those who are persecuted for my namesake," right? That's what I keep telling myself anyways and it helps me not take the people that make fun of our bikes personally.
Well I think that is it for the week!! Thank you again for all of the love and support!! Have a great week!!
Elder Bloskas






No comments:

Post a Comment