Monday, February 23, 2015

El Clima Frio Michigan!!

Hola! 
Well, first things first... This past Friday was transfer calls! Me and Elder Dunn are staying together as companions in downtown Grand Rapids. They also closed the Rockford area that was in our ward and so now me and Elder Dunn are going to be covering that area also! So my new district will be me and Elder Dunn, the Lowell/Ada Elders, and 2 sets of Spanish Elders from Grandville. There is only 1 Spanish branch, and 2 sets of Spanish missionaries in the whole mission and they are now in my district. So since I am going to be doing trade-offs with them and will probably be teaching a few lessons in Spanish, I am going to have to brush up on my Spanish. It should be an exciting time, as I will have a total of 7 trade-offs this transfer!! If I teach a lesson in Spanish with them thenI will have taught lessons in 3 different languages (English, Spanish, and American Sign Language)!!

Well, this week was kind of an off week... First off it has been bitter cold here lately and this week is supposed to be just as cold. Elder Dunn had some health issues this week and so we were not able to go out and do as much teaching and stuff as we usually do and we also had to go to a few doctors appointments for him. He is doing better now and we are back in the swing of things. We were able to teach Lyndsay twice last week and she is still super solid! It still blows me away that she is so prepared!!  We taught her and her son an FHE lesson last week about Lehi's vision and it was a lot of fun. Her son seemed to really enjoy the lesson and we were able to apply it to Lyndsay also! It has truly been amazing how many miracles I have been able to see lately! The Lord is truly blessing me and Elder Dunn! We have also been teaching a few new people that have a lot of potential!! I am excited for this next transfer and for all of the things that the Lord has in store for me and Elder Dunn! Me and Elder Dunn have also found a way to keep our Spirits up, we bought ropes at a western store here and we have been using the back of a chair as our roping dummy. We tell people that we are 2 cowboys trapped in Michigan! 

Well, I am sorry that this is super short... Like I said it was kind of an off week and I usually have my planner with me to remind me of all of the cool things that we did this past week but since it is a new transfer I don't have my old planner with me.. :(
But I am grateful, as always, for the love and support that you give me!! You are in my prayers!! Have a great week!

Te amo,
Elder Bloskas

No comments:

Post a Comment