Monday, February 9, 2015

The Miracles Continue

First off, I understand that last week's update didn't go through for some reason so I am sorry that I have left you in the dark. I promise that I did write emails last week; I guess several of them just didn't go through... 
Anyways, this week was another amazing week here in Grand Rapids! I am daily humbled by just how blessed I am to be able to see so many miracles in my own life and in the lives of those that I get to work with!

Tuesday I was on trade-offs with Elder Anderson. He came here to Grand Rapids in my area and we got to do quite a bit of door knocking. All of the elders in my district are great missionaries and Elder Anderson is another great missionary. I really enjoyed getting to work with him this past week. Wednesday after district meeting we ate at Smash Burger before I went on trade-offs with the zone leaders in Wyoming (the city in Michigan not the state) and it was awesome. Me and Elder Derricott had a lot of fun and got a lot done. One of the really cool miracles that we saw was when we were door knocking. We were about to head to an appointment but decided to knock on one last door. A kid answered and we asked for his parents. He ran upstairs and went to get his mom. We see 2 ladies coming down the stairs and the first one said "Hey, its the missionaries!" we were really confused because nether one of us recognized them. It turns out that they were members of another ward. Both of these ladies were having a gospel conversation and the lady who lived there was having a hard time. She started bawling the moment she realized who we were and was freaked out that we happened to knock on her door right at the perfect moment. It was a really awesome experience as we got to share a message with them and really encourage them. It was amazing to see just how involved the Lord is in this work and how he is constantly placing us in people's paths! She really needed us at that moment and it was awesome to get to experience that. Thursday, we traded back and me and Elder Dunn got to get back to work. Friday we got to go to Ethan's track meet! He runs for Calvin College and the meet was at another Christian college. We were nervous about how they would react to us being there watching the meet but it all worked out. He won the 800m and got 3rd in the 4X400M! He is only a freshman and he is such a stud!! Saturday was Ethan's baptism! It was such an awesome day and afterwards we got to take him out to eat and celebrate with him! Yesterday during Sacrament I had the opportunity to confirm him and be the one who got to confer the gift of the Holy Ghost on him. It was such an amazing experience and I was so blessed to be a part of it!! This week is going to be another great week. Friday we are getting to go to the Detroit temple and we might have to email that day since we are taking that as our P-Day instead of Monday so it will probably be Friday evening after I get back that I will be emailing and sending out my weekly email but we will see. Saturday we are having a half mission training with Elder Nash, who is a member of the 70! So that will be awesome!!
Things are going great here in Grand Rapids and we have another baptism in 2 weeks!! I am so blessed to be able to be on the front lines of the Lord's work. It is truly amazing!! As always, thanks for all of the love, support and prayers! They really make a difference!!

Elder Bloskas

P.S. Here is me with Brother Banner's daughter's horse (or large dog) and pictures of Ethan's Baptism!!


No comments:

Post a Comment