Monday, February 9, 2015

Post from last week; February 2, 2015

I hope that you are having a great day! Sorry that this is a little bit later than it usually is, we got snowed in this morning and weren't able to leave our apartment until noon.

It was another great week here in Grand Rapids! It is amazing how I have been able to continue to see the Lord's hand in my life every single day! We had several of our appointments cancel earlier in the week but they all rescheduled for later in the week and it made us super busy this weekend trying to fit in all of our appointments with our investigators.

Tuesday we met with a lady that is a little older (that we have been meeting with) that is planning on getting baptized at the end of the month. She is a sweet lady who is really looking for more purpose in her life and she has made a lot of progress! Most of the rest of our appointments for Tuesday fell through.

Wednesday we had district meeting and it went really well! We also got to meet with Ethan, the guy who is getting baptized this weekend whose parents weren't happy about him being baptized.  It was really good! He is on the Calvin College track team and so naturally I challenged him to a race... I will try to attach the video on the email. I was really close to winning but was out of breath for like 30 minutes afterwards. 

Thursday I was in Rockford on trade-offs with Elder Newman. He is a great missionary who is doing great things in Rockford! Things are really slow in their area and so they are doing a lot of door knocking. I haven't gotten to do a lot of door knocking lately since we have been so busy with lessons so it was great to be able to go back to my door knocking roots and talk to a lot of people! 

Friday and Saturday we just met with all of those people that canceled on us earlier in the week.  We also did a little bit of door knocking and met several really cool people that hopefully we will get to start meeting with. I didn't get to spend to much time in the hood this week so I don't have any awesome stories about almost getting robbed or anything. Sorry. 

Yesterday was a great day at church, there were a lot of people gone because of the snow but it was great. I interviewed one of the other missionary's investigators so that she could be baptized and Ethan had his interview also yesterday. 

Last night we went over to the Reed's home for dinner. They are an amazing missionary minded family that really uplifts us when we eat at their home. On the way out the door we were running to our car since it was cold and it was snowing really hard and my planner fell out of my pocket. By the time we went back for it (since it has all of our potential investigators and pretty much my whole life in it) it had been 30 mins and there was no way that we would be able to find it. You couldn't even see where we had walked 30 mins earlier. I said a prayer that I would be able to find it and right as I finished praying I found it!! It was a really cool to see how prayers are answered even if they are for small things.

This week is going to be a great week. I will be on trade-offs all week but I will get to be with several great missionaries and I am excited to learn from them. Friday I get to go to Ethan's track meet (if we don't get kicked out for being missionaries on a Christian college campus) and then Ethan is being baptized Saturday! It will be great. I cant wait!! 

Thanks for the prayers and all of the support!! Have a great week!

Elder Bloskas

No comments:

Post a Comment