Saturday, April 18, 2015

Fire Up Chips

Well it has been another wonderful week in Michigan! I am loving Mt. Pleasant and serving on a college campus! CMU is so great and I have loved it so much. This week has FLOWN by and I feel like so much has happened this week!

I have really enjoyed having my p-day on Saturday! Last Saturday was probably one of the most relaxing p-days that I think I have had on my mission. We got to go do a "service project" with a bunch of the YSAs (young single adults) at a nature preserve. It was really relaxing because we pretty much just hiked on a trail and moved any limbs or branches that were on the trail.  We made sure that there was nothing that we needed to move to clear up the trail! I will include pictures. One of them is me in a tree stand that was on one of the trails that overlooked a small lake! We also finished our p-day by eating at Olive Garden so it was an overall good day. 

Sunday, we went to church and then worked on some zone stuff, including talking to all of the district leaders about the members of their district and then reporting to the assistants on how our zone was doing. 

Monday, we had several lessons with people we have been meeting with, including Calie, who has been meeting with missionaries for a while. She is pretty much a Mormon she just is waiting to be baptized. She wants to be baptized on her birthday and so we have just been reading with her from the Book of Mormon and answering all of her questions as she reads. We also prepared for MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) on Tuesday. 

Tuesday, we drove to Lansing for MLC and were there all day talking about things in the mission and talking about how we can best help all of the missionaries and what we need to focus our trainings on this transfer. Tuesday night we played General Conference Jeopardy with the YSAs and me and Elder Blatter killed them in it! 

Wednesday, we went to Caro's district meeting and then we had trade-offs with them. I got to be with Elder Schetselaar, who was in my district in the MTC! It was a lot of fun! I got to see a rabbit that is house trained! I kid you not. He uses a litter-box and just roams around the house. He was some type of rabbit that looked like a lion. We also got to spend a lot of time door knocking and teaching a few lessons. I also got to show Elder Schetselaar how to teach a lesson on Facebook! 

Thursday, we met with several people that we are working with including Shane. Shane is the super solid guy that I mentioned last week. He has had a rough week but he is really relying on the gospel to help him. I can't wait to see all of the great things that he does! Thursday night we did a presentation for the stake presidency and all of the ward mission leaders in the stake on how we, as missionaries, are using Facebook to teach and communicate with investigators. 

Friday, we were on trade-offs with Midland. I got to be with Elder Carper here at CMU. We got to teach a few lessons but mainly walked around campus and talked to people. We were really successful and talked to several people that were interested in learning more! 

This morning we played Ultimate Frisbee with some people in the ward (my team beat Elder Blatter's team but it was a close game) and shopped. This afternoon we are going to go to the campus bookstore, go bowling with one of our investigators, and just relax. We have another busy week planned this week and will be on a few more trade-offs! This zone leader business sure is keeping me busy but I love it! I love serving on CMU campus so much and have gotten to meet so many awesome people!!
Well I hope that you all have a great week!! 

Elder Bloskas
#FireUpChips #CMU


No comments:

Post a Comment