Monday, April 6, 2015

Greetings from Mt Pleasant!

Well it has been a crazy and stressful last few days. I have been transferred to Mount Pleasant to be a Zone Leader for the Midland zone here in the mission and will be serving on the campus of Central Michigan University!! I had no clue that I was going to be getting transferred and the last few days have been crazy with trying to pack and say good bye to all of the people in Grand Rapids. I didn't want to leave Grand Rapids since I loved it so much but I am excited to be serving as a zone leader and to be on CMU campus! My companion is Elder Blatter, from Northern California. I don't have a lot of time to email today but I will give you an update on my week and try not to forget anything important:


Tuesday we had lunch at Olive Garden with Brother and Sister Banner and then went to several lessons. We have several awesome people that we have been working with and I am excited to hear about how they do with the new missionaries. 

Wednesday, I taught my last district meeting and then we had district lunch. I am going to include a picture of my district. It was an honor serving with and being the district leader for so many awesome missionaries! After district meeting we taught several other lessons including one to Jerry, who we have been struggling to meet with! We got to talk to lots of people downtown and met a lot of awesome people. Wednesday night, me and Elder Schultz got to teach the priest (16-18 year olds) in the ward about how to effectively prepare for their missions and then we got to go eat pizza with them afterwards. 

Thursday is when the madness of busyness began.. We taught back to back lessons all day until the evening. In the evening we were going to have dinner around 8 but we found out that a little girl that we had given a blessing to a few months ago was back in the hospital. We went and saw her in the hospital and even got to play a few games with her before heading back to the apartment. On the way back to the apartment we stopped by Subway to finally eat (it was about 9:30 by this point) and while we were ordering President Jacobsen called to give us our Transfer Calls a night early. So me and Elder Dunn were passing the phone back and forth while one of us was talking to President and then once he wanted to talk to the other one of us the other one would talk while one of us ordered. It was chaos... But the people there were patient with us and we were able to get our food. 

Friday we had to do a little bit of packing and cleaning and then headed to Rockford where we dropped of a Bible to a lady, ate lunch, helped the Grand Rapids Zone Leaders get a couch out of an apartment, and then headed back to Grand Rapids for several lessons. We taught lessons all day, had dinner with the other missionaries serving in Grand Rapids, and then had another lesson Friday night. 

Saturday we had a little bit of time to pack and clean before having a lesson, General Conference, another lesson, and then the second session of General Conference and then the Priesthood Session of GC. 

Yesterday we spent watching General Conference, visiting members and saying good bye, and had Easter dinner before finishing up packing and cleaning... This morning we had breakfast with Brother Banner (I am including a photo) and then I got on the transfer van at 10am, drove to Lansing and picked up other missionaries and arrived here in Mt. Pleasant around 2. We had to drive a set of missionaries to their apartment and are just now getting to email and shop. 

It has been super crazy busy but I guess I should get used to this since I will be super busy as a zone leader. I have 6 districts in my zone and we will be doing trade-offs with several of the areas. I am super excited for this latest adventure and I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me!! My new mailing address is:

Elder Cale Bloskas
1612 Flynn Ln. Apt. D
Mount Pleasant, MI 48858

Thanks for all of the love and support!! I will continue to keep you updated on my crazy missionary adventures! Have a great week!!

Elder Bloskas

P.S. Since I am on a college campus now and the weekends are less productive my P-days are now going to be on Saturdays! So expect to see emails from me on Saturdays while I am in this new area!!


No comments:

Post a Comment