Monday, June 8, 2015

Bay City: The Start of the Bloskas Dictatorship

Good morning from Bay City!!

It has been a crazy week but I am really enjoying being in Bay City! It has been weird not serving with Elder Blatter but I have really enjoyed hanging out with Elder Anderson and Elder Dorrough here in Bay City. It is strange being the only zone leader but I have joked with all of the missionaries in the zone that our zone is now a dictatorship and that I plan to take over the whole mission. 

It was a good week!  Sunday, we had Stake Conference in Midland before driving back to Mt. Pleasant, packing the last of our stuff and doing call-ins before the assistants picked us up and drove us to Lansing. We got to hang out with them and while they were doing call-ins with the other zone leaders we went on a walk with Elder and Sister Bish (who are a senior couple that are serving in the office).  It was really relaxing.

Monday, we dropped off Elder Blatter at the airport. It was so weird watching your companion go through security and then disappear walking towards the terminals... It was a strange feeling and I really wish he would have been able to stay but I know that now he will be able to take care of his medical issues and everything will be alright. After we dropped off Elder Blatter, I got to hang out with the Assistants the rest of the day. The assistants are pretty big on working out and they about killed me doing P90x with them... It was fun but I don't know how they do it every single day... Monday evening we also prepared for MLC the next day. 

Tuesday, we had MLC all day with all of the zone leaders, sister training leaders, assistants, and President and Sister Jacobsen. It was really good and we developed a lot of great ideas to best help the mission. Afterwards, we grilled burgers at the mission home and then we headed to Mt. Pleasant to grab my stuff and then drove to Bay City. 

Wednesday, we had district meeting here, taught a few lessons, and then went to a Bible study at the church. 

Thursday, we taught lessons all day and then Thursday evening I did a baptismal interview for a 13 year old that was being baptized here in Bay City. 

Friday, we drove to Mt. Pleasant so that I could work on things for the zone all day. We drove back, had dinner and then taught another lesson here in Bay City. 

Saturday, we had our car fast day (where one day a week we are not able to use the car) and so I think we walked a total of 10 miles to our appointments and then also walked to our dinner appointment. 

Yesterday, we had church and then as always I had to do call-ins for most for most of the evening. Today we are planning on hanging out and playing some baseball this afternoon. 

We have a pretty busy week planned for this week. I will be in Saginaw tomorrow on a trade-off and then Wednesday I will be in Bad Axe on a blitz with the assistants. Should be a pretty great week!!

Thanks for all of the love, support, and prayers!!

Elder Bloskas

No comments:

Post a Comment